Sunday, July 3, 2011

Order Your Sunday Papers: Save time, money, and avoid Jail time!!

After teaching coupon classes for over 2 1/2 years now, I have heard it all when it comes to people's reasoning as to why they would NOT order the Sunday newspaper subscriptions.  Here are a few of the best bits:

#1 - "I will just go to the Dollar Store and get my papers."
The Dollar Stores actually sell the paper for $2, and you may not have any coupons inside depending on whether or not someone came a swiped them.  Plus you have to add an extra errand (and gas cost) into picking them up.  I MUCH prefer to have my papers delievered to my porch for less than $1 per paper and I get 5 delivered!  Save me a trip, save me money, I love it!! 

#2 - "I get extra coupons from my friends and co-workers."
 That will work until they realize how much you are saving and want to get in on the action!  Plus, if you forget to pick up coupons, you will be so bummed when a great sale and coupon match up and it's a week you don't have (I know this one from personal experience).  Again, I would rather invest a little bit into my 5 newspaper subscriptions and know that I will have them EVERY week!! 

#3 - "I will order my inserts from coupon clipping services."
As far as I can tell, some of the larger coupon clipping services no longer sell 'whole inserts' due to fraud investigations (seriously).  You can still order individual coupons, but you then have to spend extra time to plan your trip, order your coupons, then wait for your coupons, then go shopping.  Then you run the risk of the item being out of stock by the time your ducks are in a row.  As a mom of 5, I don't have that kind of time to invest in my couponing.  5 Sunday papers is plenty to stock up on my great deals without hardly any effort. 

#4 - "I get extra coupons from the trash can at an apartment complex by my house."
I draw the line at dumpster diving.  That's all I got. 

#5 - "I put in my money in one of those boxes, then just take as many as I want."
Ummmm ... Last time I checked ... that is called STEALING!!  I just got this email from one of my readers about a gal who was just ARRESTED for this very thing!  


06:59 AM CDT on Wednesday, June 29, 2011
By Donna Fielder / Staff Writer
Extreme couponing cost a Denton woman a criminal charge Monday afternoon.
Police conducted an investigation after a man hired to watch local newspaper stands saw a woman in a black Cadillac SUV stop at two different vending racks, insert money for one Sunday newspaper and remove the plastic coupon packages from every newspaper in the rack, according to police reports.
The man called police about 8:30 a.m. June 5, saying he had been hired by the vendor to watch the racks and try to discover who was stealing the packages. The papers cannot be sold if the coupons are missing, he told officers.
He saw the woman stop and take coupon packages from a vending box in the 1700 block of Malone Street. Then he followed and stopped behind her at another rack on Sunset Street a few minutes later, and she again opened the newspaper vendor box.
He approached her and told her that police had been called. He told her to wait there with him for officers to arrive. But the woman would not wait, according to the report. She climbed into her vehicle and drove away.
The man was able to describe the woman and the SUV to police, who launched an investigation. Officer Ryan Grelle said detectives arrested Sybil Hobson, 37, of Denton, about 4:30 p.m. Monday on a charge of fraudulent destruction or removal or concealment of writing, which is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to a $4,000 fine and up to one year in jail.
Grelle said the woman at first was arrested on a Class C theft charge, but after conferring with the Denton County District Attorney’s Office, detectives determined that the more serious charge was appropriate.

SERIOUSLY!?!?  There is no reason for this!!  Check out this post to see all the great deals we can offer for multiple Sunday newspapers to be delivered to your door, every week, for less than $1 per paper!!!  That is the best, most consistent place to get your coupons, and you can do it so cheap and oh, so legal!!!  

Have you heard any other people's tricky ways to get around getting their own coupons?  What extremes have you taken to get your great deals?? 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...